RESPONSIBLE GAMING POLICY
Esperanza Gaming Private Limited (the ‘Company’), the operator of this online poker platform (‘Platform’), strives to endorsing responsible gaming as well as improving prevention and avoidance of excessive gaming. This Responsible Gambling Policy sets out not only the Company’s commitments but also your responsibility to promote responsible gambling practices and minimize the negative effects of excessive gaming.
Capitalized terms used herein but not defined in this Responsible Gaming Policy will have the meanings ascribed to them in the Platform Terms and Conditions, as available at https://www.blitzpoker.com/legal/terms-of-use.html and which are incorporated by reference into this Responsible Gaming Policy.
We are committed to ensuring that you enjoy your gaming experience on our Platform, while remaining fully aware of the social and financial effects associated with excessive gaming. We offer and promote our skill games as an enjoyable entertainment activity and believe that gaming can remain this way only if you play responsibly and stay in control.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
If you choose to play on our Platform, there are some general guidelines that can help make your playing experience safer, and reduce the risk that problems associated with excessive gaming can occur:
– Play for entertainment, and not as a way of making money.
– Play only with money that you can afford to lose.
– Never play with money that you need for important or essential things such as food, rent, bills, or tuition.
– Decide in advance how much money and time you will spend playing on the Platform for a particular session and stick to that limit regardless of your performance.
– Request for deposit limits and ensure you never deposit more than you can afford to lose.
– Never chase losses. If you lose money, don’t play higher stakes to try and recoup your losses.
– Don’t play when you are upset, tired, or depressed. It is difficult to make good decisions when you are feeling down.
– Do not put of personal and other important tasks in order to play. Complete all your important tasks so that you can play with a free and calm mind.
– Balance your playing with other activities. Find other forms of entertainment so playing does not become too big a part of your life.
– Only participate in games that are commensurate with your competence level and financial capabilities. Do not get tempted to participate in high stakes tables despite winning consistently.
– Do not borrow money in order to play.
– Avoid using all of the money deposited by you in a single game or session.
– Take time outs and breaks regularly regardless of your performance on the table and especially if you have lost continuously.
The Company adopts a stringent policy against underage Users (i.e. Users aged below 18 years). To diminish the chance of underage gambling, we ask for identification and documentation if we suspect a User is under 18 years. The accounts of any Users identified to be underage and playing on the Platform will be deactivated or deleted immediately. In addition, any winnings or bonus amounts credited into such account may be forfeited by the Company, at its sole discretion.
Although we dedicate a significant amount of time and resources to ensure there are no minors playing on the Platform, we feel this prevention works best as a shared responsibility between us and the minor?s parents/guardians. Provided below are a few tips that you can follow in order to ensure that minors, such as your children do not game on our Platform
Do not leave your PC or mobile device unattended if you are logged in to the Platform.
– Be sure to protect your PC and mobile device and set up password/credential control in order to use and access such devices.
– Install/employ child protection software on your children’s devices in order to prevent them from accessing the Platform or any of the services we offer through the Platform.
– Use a strong password that is hard to decipher for your User Account. You can elect to have the Platform software not remember your password each time you log-in. If you have any concern that somebody else might attempt to access your User Account, you should not allow the software to remember your password.
– Keep your User Account and password private and do not share your User Account information, login information or your Credit Card or Debit Card or Bank information with anyone.
– Maintain close supervision of your User Account activity in order to limit improper or unauthorised access to the Platform.
ACCOUNT CLOSURE REQUEST
You can close your account at any time for any reason by simply contacting our Support Team at email@example.com. Please note that an account closed under our standard account closure mechanism can be reopened at any time by contacting our Support Team. However, if you feel you are at risk of developing an unhealthy addiction to gaming or believe you currently have an unhealthy addiction to gaming, we would advise that you consider self-exclusion – an explanation of self-exclusion is outlined in the below section (self-exclusion).
We offer a self-exclusion facility to help you if you feel that your gaming is affecting you negatively and you want assistance to help stop. At your request, we will prevent you from using your account for a specific period, as determined by you.
Should you wish to self-exclude yourself from using your account, you may contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this. You will receive an email from the Support Team upon the self-exclusion request being operationalised on your User Account.
Once the period has lapsed, your account will be reopened. Please note that any self-exclusion request granted is irreversible for the duration of the time for which it was originally operationalised.
Entering into self-exclusion is a joint commitment from us and you. We will take reasonable steps to prevent you re-opening your account or opening new accounts with us. However, during the period of your exclusion, you must not attempt to re-open your account or to try and open new accounts on our Platform.
BLOCK BY COMPANY
The Company may at its discretion, temporarily place a block on your access to your User Account in case it detects any abnormal or unusual activity such as extremely large deposits being made into your User Account or extremely large sums of real money being lost by you on the Platform within a short space of time while playing the games. In such instances, the Company shall also communicate with you to make you aware of the potential financial implications of your activities. You will receive an email from the Support Team upon the Company placing any blocks on your User Account.
The Company may also place a temporary block on you User Account in the event the User’s Know Your Customer (KYC) information has not been provided to the Company or is outdated until you provide appropriate documentation to the Company in order for the Company to verify you KYC details.
CONSEQUENCES OF EXCLUSION
Please note that any self-exclusion/block/closure placed by the Company will apply to your User Account as a whole and that you will be prevented from playing any and all games (whether for Real Money and Play Money) available on the Platform during any self-exclusion/blockage/closure period.
You will be automatically unregistered from any tournaments that begin after your User Account is self-excluded/blocked/closed. Further, if you win any winnings or Bonus Amounts resulting from any promotion that may have commenced prior to your User Account being self-excluded/blocked/closed, such winnings or Bonus Amounts may be forfeited.
In addition, you will not be able to make any deposits into your User Account and you will not receive any marketing emails or newsletters from us regarding the Platform from us for the period of self-exclusion/blockage/closure. However, you will be permitted to withdraw any real money amounts that already exist in your User Account.
By default, the Company permits Users to deposit a minimum of Rs. 200 and maximum of Rs. 5,00,000, in aggregate, over a 24 hour period. In the event that you wish to modify your deposit limits, you can place a request to the Company by writing an email and sending it to us at email@example.com.
Upon receiving your request in the prescribed form, we will take the necessary measures to operationalise and implement such request within forty eight (48) hours of receiving such request. You will receive a confirmation email upon the deposit limit modification request being operationalised by the Company.. Please note that the operationalisation of any deposit limit modification requests is not guaranteed and may be undertaken by the Company at its discretion after assessing you profile, playing history as well as your deposits and withdrawal history.
In case you have any queries or require any clarifications regarding this Responsible Gaming Policy, you can contact us through the following channels:
Live chat: www.blitzpoker.com
Phone Helpline: 022-4925 -1600 (Toll free)
WHAT WE CAN DO TO HELP YOU?
Any player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding his/her true age may have all winnings forfeited.
1. Every person signing up for a new account confirms that they are at least 18 years of age. This confirms everybody that everyone playing on our websites is over the age of 18 years.
2. We do not target underage players with our marketing and advertising. It is neither good business nor consistent with our personal and corporate values to attract underage players.
A) DEPOSIT LIMITS
A player can set his deposit limits by login into his account. These limits can be set on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Increasing your deposit limits take 7 days to come into effect. A Decrease is immediate. In case of any change needs to be made before these 7 days, kindly contact our support team for further assistance.
Steps to set Deposit limits:
– Click on “Set limit”
– Enter the deposit limit, you wish to deposit. Enter your password and click on “Set”
B) POKER LOSS LIMIT
A player can now set his loss limits too. If the player notices that he is now in losses by the transactions he has done with BLITZPOKER, he may set his loss limits too. These limits can be set ona daily, weekly or monthly basis. Increases to your limits take 7 days to come into effect. Decreases are immediate. In case of any changes to be done before these 7 days, kindly contact our support team for further assistance.
Steps to set Loss limits:
– Click on “Set limit”.
C) SESSION TIME LIMIT
You may restrict yourself and set session limits i.e. you may set limit/ restrict yourself playing on BLITZPOKER. Increases to your limits take 7 days to come into effect. Decreases are immediate. In case of any changes to be done before these 7 days, kindly contact our support team for further assistance.
Steps to set “Session limit”
– Add the session limit you wish to set for your account.
– Click on “Set limit” and add your BLITZ password to set a limit.
D) ESTIMATED MONTHLY SPEND
Monthly spend is the value of deposits you wish to set for the specific month. Increases to your limits take 7 days to come into effect. Decreases are immediate. In case of any changes to be done before these 7 days, kindly contact our support team for further assistance.
Steps to set Monthly Spend
– Click on “Set limit”
– Enter the limit amount you wish to set and add your password to set a limit.
E) SELF EXCLUSION
Self-exclusion is to exclude yourself from any gaming activity for the set limit. You may exclude yourself from playing on BLITZPOKER temporarily or permanently. Increases to your limits take 7 days to come into effect. Decreases are immediate. In case of any changes to be done before these 7 days, kindly contact our support team for further assistance.
Steps for Temporary Exclusion:
– Add the number of days of exclusion and then click on “Set limit”
– Enter the password to set a limit.
Steps for Permanent Exclusion:
– For permanent Exclusion, click on the tick box available
– Enter the password to set a limit.
FAQ – Setting Limits
1) For how many days is the limit valid?
– The limit set is valid until the next change is done. The next change done will be into effect within 7 days.
2) Can we set deposit limits for daily, weekly and monthly together?
– Yes. You can set limits on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The limit will be in effect on immediate basis and the next change will be into effect within post 7 days.
3) How can I view the balance amount from the limit set on my id?
– To check your pending limit option (Daily, weekly, monthly) kindly follow the below steps:
• Login to your account using user id and password
• Click on “Deposit Limit” tab
• To check the limit under “Pending limit” option
4) In case if I have set a deposit limit today, can I change it tomorrow?
– Yes. You may change the limit as the set limit will take 7 days to come into effect.
5) What if I’m in the middle of one tournament and my session time limit gets over?
– Once your session time is over, you may again login to your account using your login id password to continue with the tournament you’re playing.
6) While playing I want to change the session limit as well?
– The session limit will be effective within 7 days.
7) Can I exclude myself from playing on BLITZPOKER?
– You may exclude yourself from playing on the BLITZPOKER platform, permanently or temporarily.
8) What if I block my account permanently and then wish to play again?
– Permanent self-exclusion are non-reversable
9) What if I block my account temporarily for a few days, post which I wish to play one of the featured tournaments?
– All self-exclusions are non-reversable, if you block yourself for a particular time period, you have to wait till that time has passed
10) Can I unlock my account again once I have locked my account permanently?
– Permanent self-exclusions are non-reversable
11) If I won a tournament ticket which is more than my daily buy-in limit, will I be able to register for the tournament?
– No, you will not be able to register in a tournament via ticket, if it is worth more than your daily limit. The limit is applied to all kinds of currency including tickets.
12) If I have won a ticket to the tournament, and I have buy-in for the tournament which is as per my daily buy-in limit, will the ticket be valid in the account or the ticket will go in inactive status?
– The ticket will remain active so you can use it later.
13) If I set my buy-in limit to Rs. 5000 and I play two tournaments in one day of Rs. 2500 INR and Rs. 3000 buy-ins each, will I be able to buy in again at the time of the second tournament?
– You will not be able to buy into the second tournament. Your limit, in this case, is Rs.5000, and your total buy-in for the day (2500+3000=5500) would exceed it.
14) What if the buy limit for the day is less than the buy limit for the tournament I wish to buy for that day?
– If buy-in to some tournament costs more than your daily limit, you will not be able to buy-in.